Wednesday 25 February 2009

Recent Hauls No. 3...


After my FIRST exam last week I had already had enough so I popped into the big Boots on the way home and picked up some more goodies. As well as stopping off at the Cosmetics Company store and checking out what lovely items they had!!

I got a Too-Faced Eyeshadow in Vixen which is a Dark Purpley-Blue with Shimmer. It's an OK shadow...find the Bobbi-Brown and MAC shadows easier to work with despite them both being about the same price!! On the Too-Faced theme, I finally got the Retractable Kabuki which i LOVE!! It was perfect for my weekend away. I also got the Pink Leopard Bronzer...lovely pinky-bronze!! Though I'm not very fond of the packaging...would have rather had the plastic casing!! The brush it comes with is HORRIBLE!! Never using that!!

Also picked up the 24-7 Concealer Stick...really really creamy but not sure whether I got the right colour!!

OOohh..I spotted PURE Cosmetics and came away with a Kajal liner in Black. Its very handy to have in my bag during the day. I love the lipstick-like packaging! Not great staying power but still very nice.

Talking of staying power, I spotted the Coco Bar Liquidlast in Cosmetics Company Store and bought that. On a daily basis, my eyeliner slips half-way down my cheek so having this on was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I also picked up a Lustreglass in Ensign which will be a present for my bessie friend when I see her this weekend. It's a gorgeous girlie pink which will suit her mightily!!

A couple of other things I picked up that I have to rave about:
(a) STUDIO TECH in NC27....my HG foundation. I was a bit unsure about this when I went into MAC but OMD it's amazing match and also so simple to apply. It was in my purse constantly this weekend so I didn't need to lug so much stuff around with me!

(b) Bobbi Brown Blush in APRICOT....this is my go-to blusher for the day at the moment. It's shockingly pink in the pan but because of the peachy undertones, it really brightens up the look!

(c) Estee Lauder Double-Wear Concealer in LIGHT 02...I had this in Light Medium over the summer but it's too dark. My concealer of choice this weekend. I really like the consistency of it and it's really easy to work with.

(d) MAC Lipgelee in SLICKED PINK...this was a lot more peachy than it looked on swatches. But really glad I got this as it's a gorgeous everyday colour!

(e) MAC Eyeshadow in MAGNETIC FIELDS...when I got home I realised this is very similar to Black Plum from Bobbi Brown but it's still a really nice smokey-eye colour to have in your palette!!

I think that's it...phew!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment