Wednesday 21 January 2009

Samples and Bargains

I mentioned in my last post about me using the foundation and concealer in this range. I quite like it actually. I'd spied the liquid foundation for a while now and because of mineral powder's light coverage I was hoping to try it out!!

My lovely friend managed to nab me some Maybelline / Rimmel goodies so I got to try the liquid foundation finally!! YEAY. Plus I'd recently picked up the concealer in a bargain store in town so wanted to try both out!

I LOVE the consistency - it's not overly creamy so doesn't feel thick and cloggy on my skin. Once applied, it gives a really nice glow and not shimmer which I liked. AND I found my perfect shade - in FAWN. In MAC terms - I'm about NC25-30ish during winter and a bit higher in the summer. But right now this shade is PURRFECT for me.

If you have oily skin, make sure you prime and set with powder (mineral or otherwise). It's not a great foundation for oil-control for sure.

Concealer wise...I do use this as an under-eye concealer just because the bargain store only had one shade and it's slightly too light for me! It works well for this purpose if you find the likes of Clinique Airbrush / YSL Touche Eclat a bit too light. But I think it might be a bit too runny for blemish coverage - I'm sticking to MAC Select Cover-up / Studio Finish for this! Well worth investing in!

Overall verdict? It's being phased into my make-up routine. I like the fact that it feels lighter on my skin. That was my one bug-bear about Revlon Colorstay. It felt like it was weighing a ton on my skin! I'll let you know how I get on and when I change my mind again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment